www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LEGAL-67] Who We Are, Legal Affairs
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:54:26 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:
>> i think it would be useful to have a fuller description of the legal
>> affairs setup and who's who in it. i've attached a strawman to
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-67
>>
>> opinions?
>> objections?
>> improvements? (feel free to patch JIRA or just add them )
>>
>> if anyone thinks this is a bad idea or has any strong objections to the
>> draft structure please jump as soon as possible.
>>
>> i've included space for optional bios. it seems appropriate and
>> potentially useful to me but i don't feel slightly ambivalent. opinions?
>
> I do not see the value of publishing any of that information.

AIUI most of this information should already published through the board
minutes

IMHO the workings of legal affairs are currently unnecessarily
mysterious. so, creating a public document that describes the roles and
responsibilities of the various players would be a useful:

* codification exercise in itself
* resource for projects
* public explanation of process

an outline linking names and roles seemed neutral place to start the
discussion.

but if no one sees any value in documenting this, then i've plenty of
other stuff to keep me busy...

- robert