www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Dependency on Libstrophe (dual licensed MIT + GPLv3)
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:03:39 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to add support for XMPP to the Apache Tuscany C++ project and
I'm trying to understand if I can depend on the Libstrophe C XMPP
library [1].

Libstrophe is a static '.a' library dual licensed MIT + GPLv3 [2].

Can I link to it and choose the MIT license?

Do I only list the MIT license in the NOTICE file?

I've read the discussions about JQuery (dual licensed MIT + GPLv2) on
this list [3] but I'm not sure if the same rules apply to including
JavaScript source like JQuery and linking to a library.

Thanks!

[1] http://code.stanziq.com/strophe
[2] http://code.stanziq.com/cgit/strophe/libstrophe/tree/
[3] http://markmail.org/thread/b46v73m6thhm5zw4