www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: ASF Board Meeting Summary - December 16, 2009
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:09:43 GMT
FWIW, all of our public communications introduce the project as "Apache Pivot" but often later
use the shortened "Pivot" form to avoid unnecessary verbosity. Not sure if this is relevant,
but I thought I would mention it.

On Dec 17, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Todd Volkert wrote:

> Tho has it been using "Pivot" or "Apache Pivot"? And how long has msft
> been using their "Pivot" (unregistered) mark?
>
> It's been "Apache Pivot".  As far as I can tell, Microsoft only publicly announced their
Pivot project in late November '09.

> Forgive my ignorance, but what's the process towards getting this resolved?  It stands
to reason that we shouldn't migrate our infrastructure and such until we make sure that we're
ok to keep the name "Apache Pivot", but how is that determination made?