www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASF Board Meeting Summary - December 16, 2009
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:07:16 GMT
> Tho has it been using "Pivot" or "Apache Pivot"? And how long has msft
> been using their "Pivot" (unregistered) mark?

It's been "Apache Pivot".  As far as I can tell, Microsoft only publicly
announced their Pivot project in late November '09.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the process towards getting this resolved?
It stands to reason that we shouldn't migrate our infrastructure and such
until we make sure that we're ok to keep the name "Apache Pivot", but how is
that determination made?

-T