www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Corporate and individual CLAs link
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:28:37 GMT
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jeanouii@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all, apologies if the you already answered to that question.
> My company and I signed a CLA (1/8/8) one year ago.
> In the CLA corporate, we put an initial list of designated employees.
>
> We want to contribute to some other projects.
> So i would like to know if my colleagues only need an idividual CLA or if we
> need to add them to the corporate CLA?

You will likely need to discuss this question with your corporate legal staff.

Here is the relevant portion of the Individual CLA(*) that needs to be
well understood (and potentially discussed with that individual's
employer) prior to signing:

4. You represent that you are legally entitled to grant the above
   license. If your employer(s) has rights to intellectual property
   that you create that includes your Contributions, you represent
   that you have received permission to make Contributions on behalf
   of that employer, that your employer has waived such rights for
   your Contributions to the Foundation, or that your employer has
   executed a separate Corporate CLA with the Foundation.

> Thanks in advance,
> Kind regards,
> Jean-Louis MONTEIRO

- Sam Ruby