www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [sgala@apache.org: Re: aesthetic changes to the NOTICE file]
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:35:24 GMT
Bringing up this thread again as the related Incubator thread came to
my attention recently.

On the "first four lines" note, the doc on the site just says "top".
Specifically, for the last few years we've been using this format:

=
   ==  NOTICE file corresponding to section 4(d) of the Apache
License,   ==
   ==  Version 2.0, in this case for the Apache OpenEJB
distribution.     ==

=

   Apache OpenEJB
   Copyright 2006-2009 The Apache Software Foundation

   This product includes software developed by

So it does contain the required four lines, they just come after a
short statement as to the purpose of the file and where more
information can be found.  Both good things, IMO.

Going to assume this is still OK unless I hear otherwise.

-David