www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject SVNKit
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:10:44 GMT
I wrote an Apache Commons VFS "Provider" for SVNKit. SVNKit's license
is at best as viral as the GPL. As such, I have not added the provider
to VFS (or made it open source at all for that matter). However,  the
discussion regarding APR leads me to believe that including the
provider in VFS would be OK because:
a) it is optional - SVNKit would be listed as an optional dependency
in the pom.xml and VFS would not include support for the provider
unless the SVNKit jar is present.
b) SVNKit would not be distributed by the ASF. The user would have to
specifically add the dependency to their pom.xml to build their
application or add it to the appropriate classpath directory.

SVNKit's license is at http://svnkit.com/license.html

Thoughts?

Ralph