www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Václav Haisman <v.hais...@sh.cvut.cz>
Subject Move log4cplus' license to ASL 2.0.
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 13:34:25 GMT
Hi.
I have asked[1] in this mailing list about license issues with log4cplus' ASL
1.1. Recently, the owner of most of the code in log4cplus (Tad E. Smith) gave
me OK to relicense his code under ASL 2.0. I want to make this step to make
log4cplus' license compatible with GPLv3. The remaining issue I see is that
some of the code in log4cplus comes from early log4j 1.2 which is covered by
ASL 1.1. Later releases of log4j are under ASL 2.0. Is it ok for me to
relicense this derived code also under ASL 2.0, from the point of view of the
Apache Foundation as the owner of the original code?

[1]
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200902.mbox/%3C498D4E06.1000008@sh.cvut.cz%3E>

--
VH