www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: NOTICE/LICENSE in svn
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 01:28:52 GMT
Additionally,
There has been a dispute of what is the project root. SVN is directory based
and technically speaking all of ASF shares a common root (GIT would not
share this problem) and many projects have sub-projects, and I think some
have more levels than that. And theoretically speaking if someone points
someone else to, for instance, a directory of code, then that directory
becomes a distribution point... yikes!

For Maven generated distros, I think the generated files should simply be
checked in.

-- Niclas