www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Cactus-Dev Name Conflict
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 05:23:10 GMT
To me there is a big difference in perception between what apachecorp
vs what hadoop-dev, lucene-dev, maven-dev, etc. would be about.  I
have no problem with all the Apache variations you found as none of
them would seem to have much to do with the ASF or our projects.
cactus.com would bother me a lot if it had to do with Apache Cactus.
If it didn't then I'd tell Sonatype to go rename themselves to
TheMavenCompany.com or MavenSupport.com or something like that.
cactuscode.org is another story as it is another open source software
project and they call the project Cactus and has apparently been
around for a long time, probably longer than Jakarta Cactus.

However, you and I are expressing personal opinion, not a legal
opinion and certainly not ASF policy.

Ralph