www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: RandomGUID license compatibility
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:42:22 GMT
Did you get a response back regarding your concerns with the LGPL?  It
is a bit odd to say that the code is OK because he intended to license
it under LGPL.

The irony is that the code to create a UUID using an IP address,
timestamp and random number would have taken less time than you have
spent pursuing this. FWIW, this article from 2001 has much of the
needed code http://www.theserverside.com/patterns/thread.tss?thread_id=4976
.