www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Content of the people.apache.org/~user
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 23:20:01 GMT
ASL part is interesting, as opposed to ASF. I'll claim that there is
no assumption of license, what's in ~foo is proprietary to foo except
that the CLA means we can redistribute. We can also decide that
something be removed if we like - a policy we can grow organically
over time.

So not ASL unless specified.

For the example of someone using it to advertise their company - I'd
expect Infra to be able to police that, possibly by talking to the
members to judge the way the foundation is leaning on the subject.