www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Resolved.html proposed changes
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:22:24 GMT
Changes I plan to make in a few days unless -1'd.

1/

* Qn: How do I ask a question about a license not listed on this page?
* Ans: Please create a JIRA issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL.

2/

Adding the following to the category X section:

"There may be situations in which works under these licenses may be
distributed in an Apache project. Please feel free to raise the
question with the legal-discuss mailing list or open a JIRA. Generally
the less core or required the category X licensed work to the main
Apache project, the more likely it is to be allowed. For users - these
situations will always be clearly noted in the NOTICE file. "

I feel this closes out LEGAL-8 + LEGAL-7. I'm not sure if the NOTICE
is the best place - ie) should that really have been called COPYRIGHT
because we don't allow anything in, or is it the place to put legal
notes?