www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Research papers in Apache project SVN?
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:26:55 GMT
Guys,

on the UIMA home page, we host some papers and slides of
past academic UIMA workshops.  We have permission by all
the authors to do so.  Since the papers are on our site,
they're all in SVN.  So here's the question: is it ok for
us to host these papers in SVN?  Obviously, the content
has not been licensed to Apache in any way, and the authors
retain all rights.

Are other Apache projects doing similar things?  Is there
a different, better way?

I'm asking now because there'll be another UIMA workshop
in the summer, and the organizers have asked us to host
the papers again.  I'd never thought about it before, but
following legal-discuss for a few years now has made me
a bit paranoid ;-)

Here's the page:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/gldv07.html

--Thilo