www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: reciprocity? (was Re: license problem about contributing lucene Chinese analyzer)
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:10:43 GMT
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:

> this clarifies your view... pretty much a general reciprocity indeed.
> However, reciprocity here does not propagate and this is a whole lot of a
> difference!
> I.e. an APL-licensed work may be linked with such a license I feel (but not
> within ASF I think).

I think it does. We need to pass this license downstream, so IF
someone picks up the Apache project and includes it in a commercial
product, that user would need to notify the Copyright owner. It may
seem fair, but AFAIK current policy is that "Give Credit" is the
maximum we allow to be enforced on downstream users. But I could be
wrong...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer