www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Licensing pertaining to what's in SVN vs. what's in distributions
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 03:28:10 GMT
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Henri Yandell <hyandell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Depends Bill.
>
> "Demo on how to use project A with Flex" is perfectly reasonable and I
> (depending on the license) would imagine us being fine with it as long
> as licensing was correctly obeyed. Anyone wanting to use project A
> with Flex is already happy with the license of Flex.
>
> "Demo on how to use project... and we'll stick Flex in because it's
> cool" - exactly as you said.
>
> It depends on the context of the demo imo. Integration demos are good
> - hiding licenses that cause the pain you mention above is bad.

I think Bill's main objection was that *all* demos were moved off ASF
infrastructure and making the project 'dual faced' and the ASF part
lacking demos.
Personally, I would like to see the complicated license issues be
moved away as a temporary solution, while building new demo depending
on ASF compatible licenses. Then it "just" becomes a matter of time
before the old off-site demos becomes obsolete.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er