www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: OT - Law Firm engagement
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 20:25:19 GMT

Le 03-avr.-09 à 16:59, Wes Wannemacher a écrit :
> Don't get me wrong, I have an attorney... I use him to review
> contracts, advise me on my rights when someone doesn't want to pay,
> etc. To me, that's routine stuff that most local attorneys can take
> care of. But, if someone read some of my code and accused me of
> copyright infringement, then my attorney would be completely *lost*. I
> was sort of hoping there would be a IAAL on this list that would say -
> "sure, Wes, if you ever have a problem, you can call my firm." Then, I
> can fill them in on my insurance app, as well as know who I will call
> should the need arise.

Depending on the country you are in, you may have a chance looking at
the archives of this list where some wise souls advise and, I believe,
must have a legal practice and background.

In germany, I would suggest IFROSS:
    http://www.ifross.de/
which is a kind of institute for lawyers and open-source.

Basically, from names there you should look for firms. That's how I
see things and I guess you could have the same search on this mailing-
list.

I don't think it's been a practice of the Apache software foundation
to show the company names anything beyond the contribution of
individual persons and that is probably quite sane.

paul