www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: license problem about contributing lucene Chinese analyzer
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:57:31 GMT

On Apr 26, 2009, at 11:42 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Gao Pinker wrote:
>>
>> I think their license sounds a little like apache license, as it
>> allows
>> commercial usage.
>
> Without going deeply into it tonight, this license is class X in our
> interoperability matrix.

I agree.

> Modifications and Commercial redistribution
> are both encumbered at least to some extent.

The section 5 discussing commercial redistribution is completely
confusing (probably a bad translation). In particular, "informed by
written consent" doesn't mean anything to me.

<<5. If Users would like to use the Source for their commercial product,
they must state clearly the Source owner copy right and the Owner must
be informed by written consent>>

Craig