www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Clarification on the release requirements
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 05:12:26 GMT
John Casey wrote:
> This is going to sound stupid maybe, but I would never think to look
> at httpd's release docs in order to learn about the official process
> for all of ASF, even though I know that's the founding project. As far
> as intent goes, unfortunately it's nearly impossible to write code
> that automates intentions.

Right - My point wasn't that you are expected to be psychic, the point
is that resources on dev.apache.org went poof when www.apache.org was
reorganized, and httpd.apache.org (and other TLP.apache.org sites) came
into being.

So the question - how the heck does anyone know these things?  Where are
they written down?  Etc... well, that's an issue that needs addressing.