www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From John Casey <casey.joh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification on the release requirements
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:35:23 GMT
> Agreed. When i was doing the abovementioned docs i came to
> understand that each PMC has lots of leeway in creating
> their processes, as long as some fundamental principles
> are adhered to. Some stuff is important to be consistent
> across ASF-wide.

The minimal common requirements are what we need written in stone
somewhere. If these principles haven't changed in 10 years, I think
it's safe to say they are inviolable...so it'd be okay to write them
that way. As for common sense or obviousness, I think this thread is a
demonstration that we'd be assuming too much in thinking that everyone
keeps this list in their heads. Having a document for this stuff will
also provide a checklist for implementers, to make sure we haven't
missed anything for which we might be smacked upside the head
(*cough*). :)

-john