www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Nathan Beyer <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarification on the release requirements
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 04:04:24 GMT
I'd agree that the policy Roy mentioned isn't concretely defined in a
single document, but I think it's more than just an oral history.

Between the HTTP Server's release doc [1], which documents the exact
steps Roy mentioned, and release documents in /dev [2], I believe the
intent is there. Most of the docs related to releases actually ask for
help [3] to be completed.

What are people waiting for to submit patches to these documents?

BTW - it seems like it's time to move this discussion elsewhere, as
this has gone past legal questions and into ASF policy, though I'm not
sure where would be best to move it.

-Nathan

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases