www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Licensing pertaining to what's in SVN vs. what's in distributions
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:42:24 GMT
>> * The gdata demo and associated jars
>> * The flex data services demo and associated jars
>>
>> IIRC, both these had non-Apache friendly licenses, so we exclude them
>> both from the releases, but we still run the live demos on the Wiki.
>
> What are the licenses? Especially if they are not-friendly then I'd
> expect to see it spelt out in SVN or not there.

GData looks like it's Apache 2.  Flex looks like it's proprietary.
Rather than fragment our demos into compliant here and non-compliant
there, I opted for all demos being migrated off of ASF, simply because
we want to encourage contributing developers to contribute demos
freely and not have to worry about possible licensing issues when
doing so.  And this way, users wishing to see the source of the demos
can look in one place.