www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: FW: Contributing to an Open Source project
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:01:51 GMT
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

>> From: Bruce Perens [mailto:bruce@perens.com]

>> 2. When A sued B for patent infringement, he should have looked to see
>> if B had any potential defenses, such as defensive termination of B's
>> copyright/patent licenses to Apache and through Apache to A.

I mean, isn't this just plain silly?? If I go and sue X, wouldn't I
first check with X what could potentially happen? Potentially, X could
have a retaliation agreement with Y, that have patent claims that
could cease my existence...

I am actually secretly looking forward to a large number of thermal
nuclear patent wars, to flood the courts and show how incomprehensible
the situation is.

Cheers
Niclas