www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How To Handle One BSD Method?
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:16:50 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Jeff Eastman
<jeastman@windwardsolutions.com> wrote:
> In Mahout, we want to use one method from a large package (blog-0.3) which
> is BSD licensed. I've attached the file I wrote which contains the gamma()
> method, the body of which I copied from the blog package's Gamma.sampleVal()
> method, along with its BSD license text. Is this an acceptable way to handle
> this situation?

You should include (or reference) the BSD license text in your LICENSE file.

Also, you should put the copyright notice to your NOTICE file.
Something like this should be fine:

    This product contains parts of the Bayesian Logic (BLOG) Inference Engine.
    Copyright (c) 2005, Regents of the University of California

BR,

Jukka Zitting