www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Permission to use Contributor License Agreement form
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:59:12 GMT
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Saifi Khan <saifi.khan@twincling.org> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I write this mail to seek permission to use and adapt the
> Apache individual contributor license agreement form for our
> projects.
>
> The said form in question is at
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> Appreciate a response.

First the obvious: names, addresses, and phone numbers would need to change.

Beyond that, reuse of documents such as these are something I believe
that we should (and, in fact have) encourage/encouraged.

Now, how best to accomplish that.  For starters, do we require
attribution?  In this specific case while it would be welcome, I don't
think it should be required.  What do others think?

> thanks
> Saifi.
>
> Twincling Technology Foundation is India's first independent,
> "not for profit" Open Source software promotion and development
> foundation. Open Source !
>
> http://www.twincling.org/

- Sam Ruby