www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Code contribution to ASF - What are the minimum actions
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:55:46 GMT
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:

> But AIUI, this is not strictly necessary.  You might as well
> do this in the incubator, under the guidance of your mentors.
> That's my understanding from various discussions on the
> incubator list of the past few years.

Correct. But since such a high level of attention exist at the
contributing party, we should make life of the Mentors and podling
community easier ;-)

For instance, if the source files don't have the Apache headers, and
instead IBM Copyright, restricted headers only, then we would need to
get an authorized person, or a separate authorization from IBM, to
change those. Only Copyright owner are allowed to do those things.

Cheers
Niclas