www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: New Guy Around !
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 05:45:07 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Marc Poussin <marc.poussin@gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is MARC POUSSIN, i'm a french attorney at law, specialized in
> the innovative fields (juris doctor " tax solutions for innovative
> companies"), trademark, patent, and computer law.

will find a handful lawyers here, chipping in when needed, but mostly
'legality interested' individuals, trying to keep ASF as kosher as
possible, including the V.P. of Legal Affairs, Sam Ruby.

Naturally, many of the subjects here are very concretely related to an
Apache project's immediate issue, such as "Can we use X in the
following manner...?" kind of questions. Similarly, some companies
have issues with Software Grants and every now and so often the Apache
project needs support to discuss such issues with legal departments at
larger corporations.

Here is also where we try to formulate more general guidelines on what
other open source licenses we can and can not use and how.

Occasionally, quite seldom nowadays, there are more theoretical
discussions happening.

Cheers
Niclas