www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Les Hazlewood" <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fast track out of incubation - exit criteria
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:49:43 GMT
We don't distribute the JSecurity site with a release (currently), nor
have we ever in the last 4 years.  Wouldn't it be ok to use the theme
for now if that is the case since we're not distributing any of it?

We had a similar discussion about the use of the google code project
Syntax Highlighter (http://code.google.com/p/syntaxhighlighter/),
which is LGPL.  Because we don't distribute the website, legal said it
was no problem for us to use it.

I'm CC'ing legal to see if they have any objections, as they might be
ok with LGPL but not with GPL - just checking to be sure.

Thanks,

Les