www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Requesting a license to commercial software for testing
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 02:12:29 GMT
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:

> my advice is to approach the (right) WebSphere people with your problem
> ("I'm a struts committer and I need to do WebSphere integration testing
> for reasons XYZ") and let them suggest a solution.

I agree. Most 'Big Co' have expressed interest in getting their
commercial products in the hands of developers. In my experience, even
the local sales office (and possibly online) can help you get your
hands on a developer's license. From my own experience, if IBM knows
that you are a product development shop, it is hard to keep them
outside your doors, and they will keep you busy tossing all their
'offers' into the round filing cabinet.

I don't think you would have much problems.

Cheers
Niclas