www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of proprietary binaries
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 02:41:52 GMT
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 8:27 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

The reason that I choose to devote my time and energy to Apache
projects as opposed to some other kinds of open source projects is
Apache's general tendency to emphasize practicality over ideology. I
am trying to learn something from this conversation about the
practical, legal, issues raised by the particular case I raised.
Unfortunately, due to the 'cross-threading' previously apologized for,
I'm not entire clear on whether the material quoted below was written
on the assumption that I was writing about Xml Schema test cases, the
OpenJPA binary JAR file, or both.

I never intended to engage in the debate about OpenJPA and its
binary-only JAR file. If you want to woodshed me further over the
suggesting that W3C test cases might be checked in under some
conditions or another, let's please continue on that thread.