www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@apache.org>
Subject How do things get resolved
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:48:37 GMT
Please forgive a committer on his first visit to legal-discuss.

A few days ago I posted a question about the svn-ability of test cases
from the W3C with a messy license. That attracted two responses.

Were I to be an optimist, I could construct an interpretation of those
answers as follows:

So long as (a) they are just test cases that we don't ever need or
want to modify, and (b) we check them in to their very own directory,
and (c) don't incorporate them in any sort of build results, they can
be checked in.

However, I'm not an optimist, and more to the point I don't know the
rules. Is there some legal-discuss analog to a vote? Or does this list
just exist to give advice to committers and in the event that push
comes to shove there's some other process for getting a formal answer
to a question.