www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use of proprietary binaries
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:25:42 GMT
Sorry for missing the bit about not distributing it Michael. On to
guidance. I don't see any legal reason why we can't include it in svn
- we're allowed to distribute it, just no one downstream without their
own license from IBM.

My biggest worry would be that some people would tar up an svn co -
even for example our taritup scripts. I'd be tempted to make an svn
location called 'donotredistribute' and svn:external it in. The nature
of svn means it'll be pretty obvious - plus a README file can explain
that (I wouldn't use the NOTICE).

Hope that helps, and sorry for answering the wrong question,

Hen