www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Simon Lessard" <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating Facelets code in MyFaces
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:58:42 GMT
Hi,

Quite recently Facelets (https://facelets.dev.java.net/) moved from CDDL to
ASL in order to facilitate implementation of JSF 2.0 by implementors other
than Sun, see (
http://www.nabble.com/License-Change-Pending--CDDL-%3EASL-2.0--td18367921.html#a18367921
).

MyFaces community is now starting implementing JSF 2.0 and we're about to
integrate Facelets. However, what are the procedures and limitations when
integrating ASL licenced code into a different ASL licenced project when the
classes cannot necessarily be taken as it (might requires some renaming
commanded by the specification). Can we do that anyway we want? Must we keep
the original author name in the class or something? Is there anything to be
aware of along those lines?

Thanks,

~ Simon