www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Samul Kevin" <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject can stlport be used in the project under ASL
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:32:19 GMT
hi,our project is incubatoring in Apache community:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bluesky.html
however,the c++ library which we use in current project collide with
ASL,thus we have to replace the library so that we can commit source code to
SVN repository.Someone suggested that we could use STLPORT instead of the
previous c++ library.But we don't clear whether the stlport license could be
compatiable with ASL.People in our mailing list
bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org told us to consult on this leagal
discussion mailing list.'Cause Apache community decides if a project is ok
in using tools with other license.
here is the homepage of stlport:http://stlport.sourceforge.net/Home.shtml
and the license of stlport : http://stlport.sourceforge.net/License.shtml

if there is anything that i don't make myself clear ,do bring it
on.Appreciate your helps!

--
Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team XJTU