www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Any legal issues with Google Analytics?
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:19:20 GMT
On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Roland Weber <ossfwot@dubioso.net> wrote:
> I wouldn't expect infra to say anything but No [1] to
> suggestions about setting up a tracking and analysis
> package. Realistically, it's either Google or something
> operated by the interested PMCs or nothing.

Huh?

http://people.apache.org/~henkp/analog/
http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/
http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/index.html

If folks actually came to infra and volunteered to help out, I'm sure
Henk, Vadim, and others would be happy to help flesh out our
analytics.  AFAIK, not a single project that installed GA even
bothered to ask infra if there were any alternatives available...

The only requirement (and this is behind the initial objection to GA)
is that the information must be made available to everyone.  -- justin