www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any legal issues with Google Analytics?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:50:38 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's also possible to schedule periodic report emails to be sent to
>>> the project mailing list. Based on the Google Analytics support forums
>>> this seems to be the preferred way of sharing site statistics with the
>>> public.
>>
>> I sent the following question to Google to clarify whether this is OK
>> by their terms of service.
>
> I'm following up at
> http://groups.google.com/group/analytics-help-basics/browse_thread/thread/f407ed1572b6f82f

Nothing too useful there, though the answer reflects my opinion that
"internal use" doesn't necessarily mean "private use".

The remaining lead (from GA support) I have is to go through the
Google Permission process [1], but that doesn't seem too appropriate
as it's about Google branding. IANAL, but that seems about as relevant
as requiring PRC approval for using the Apache HTTP Server.

Are there any objections to us unilaterally interpreting the "internal
use" in the GA terms of service as including our project mailing
lists?

[1] http://www.google.com/permissions/index.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting