www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: can stlport be used in the project under ASL
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:53:40 GMT
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Samul Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com> wrote:
> the c++ library which we used are GPLed,it's obviously collide with ASL

Please be more specific.  If you're referring to the libstdc++ that
comes with GCC, then NO, it does not collide with the Apache License.
All the GCC runtime libraries (including libstdc++) come with licenses
that allow them to be used in a non-viral manner by anyone, linking
Apache code to them is perfectly fine and does not make the resulting
code GPLed.  As long as you're not shipping the source code of that
library you're fine.

So are you referring to some other GPLed STL implementation?  Or is it
the one that comes with GCC.

Seriously, we can't answer your questions unless you give us all the
information.  What libraries are you talking about, what licenses are
they under and how exactly are you using them.  That's the bare
minimum information we need to have.

-garrett