www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Reuse of ASF source code and NOTICE
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:34:17 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg ha scritto:
> There is an alternative that may simplify this issue. Commons Codec has
> a Base64Input/OuputStream already, it will be part of the upcoming 1.4
> release. You may simply add a dependency instead of copying the code
> from MyFaces. That's a relatively small jar (50k).
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Thank you for the pointer.

I checked commons-codec but only for released code and it was not there.
We won't probably add a dependency for this (our product is a basic
library and have no dependencies so far), but we can copy that code from
commons-codec without the need to credit Oracle, so it may worth the
change (or we could use maven-shade-plugin to better deal with this
"minor" dependency).

But first I have to deal with our release in progress issue :-( ,
Stefano