www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Do README files need Apache license headers?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:47:47 GMT
Hi Rick,

Anything that has intellectual property content must have the Apache
license header.

My common sense rule: If the content is generated by a human,
generally it should have a header. If it's generated by computer (e.g.
a JIRA open issue summary generated by JIRA itself, that you could
consider a TODO list) it doesn't need a header.

Craig