www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: SyntaxHighlighter - LGPL
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:40:37 GMT
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:14 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Sam Ruby a écrit :
>
>> provided that such uses are clearly marked and
>> can be easily removed by those that may wish to do so?
>
> Removing the highlighter is as simple as removing the javascript file, the
> documentation will still be usable. However how should the usage be "clearly
> marked" ? Putting a LGPL header in the javascript file is sufficient ?

I would hope that something short of a code scan would enable people
to find this.

A simple, non-alarmist, statement in a README that identifies the file
and makes the assertion that you provided above (namely that the
documentation is still usable if this javascript file is removed)
would completely address my concern.

> Emmanuel Bourg

- Sam Ruby