www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject [sgala@apache.org: Re: aesthetic changes to the NOTICE file]
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:18:28 GMT
Hello,

Please see the following thread:

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200808.mbox/%3c20080818110801.GD22326@bytesexual.org%3e

I agree with the comments that before any change could take place this should be
agreed on by legal-discuss or a change be made in the official documentation.

Regarding the following text:

  Apache [PRODUCT_NAME]
  Copyright [yyyy] The Apache Software Foundation

  - Source Header and Copyright Notice Policy, http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

My questions would be:

 * Does the non-textual formatting of this matter?

 * Would the following be an okay variation, or modification to the documentation:

   Apache [PRODUCT NAME] NOTICE

   Copyright 2008, The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/)

This is clearly a very trivial matter, and one primarily about aesthetics, but I
think a clarification would be nice as I certainly prefer the latter format.

Many thanks,

----- Forwarded message from Santiago Gala <sgala@apache.org> -----