www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: including modified Harmony sources in Derby
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:42:34 GMT
Hi Rick,

Since the files are in the same svn repo, I'd suggest the easiest way
for you to manage provenance is to svn copy the files from the harmony
part to the derby part of the repo. Then you can use svn merge tools
in case you want to migrate some bug fixes to your dummy 169.

Since you know exactly where the source came from you don't need to
change the license information per file. And since you don't want to
research every Harmony file to see whence it came, you do need to
attribute the files in the Derby NOTICE file just as they were
attributed in the Harmony NOTICE file.

So, my answers:

1) don't change anything in the sources that isn't needed for your
purposes (including license)
2) don't change anything in the unmodified sources
3) add the Harmony NOTICE file info to the Derby NOTICE file
4) no

Craig