www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reply-to..
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:54:11 GMT
--- On Wed, 6/18/08, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> What, if any, other changes to the configuration of
> legal-discuss
> should we be considering if we were to want to add a
> list?

It depends on how you want to treat people who post to legal-discuss
who are not subscribers. By setting the Reply-To header you are
basically telling them to subscribe to the list (or read the archives)
if they want to see any responses to their post.

Personally I think it's ok to not worry about such people here.
For infrastructure@ it would be appalling to ignore them,
so we don't use the Reply-To header there.

OTOH, if you do want to worry about such people, changing the
subscription policy to unmoderated (-S) isn't a bad idea.
Otherwise you're just setting those people up for a very
frustrating experience.