www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Move Overview, Category X and transition examples (a.k.a. exceptions) to resolved
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:58:01 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
>>    * Special exceptions to the GNU GPL (e.g. GNU Classpath)*
>
> How about the MySQL exception to the GPL that specifically mentions
> APR? Not that I know if APR includes it or not.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/pmc/apr/mysql_floss_gpl_exception_2007_03_07.txt

Note especially the restriction under 2(2) which requires that

    "accompanied by the complete corresponding machine-readable source
    code for those sections on the same medium and under the same
    FLOSS license as the corresponding object code or executable forms
    of those sections,"

Meaning, AL, but only if it's copyleft. IMHO, this says "no real exception."

Bill