www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: JSON license
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:17:19 GMT
On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:

> Garrett - was the Abdera usage for the Java API, and do you updated
> versions get licensed the same way?

I believe it was for the Java API, but I'm not sure if it was just a
single snapshot, or if it gets updated.  Heck, I'm not even sure we're
still using it in Abdera, I recall a rewrite of the JSON code at some
point which may have switched away from it.  There is at least a
single AL licensed codebase to work from though, at the very least,
and IIRC the JSON author was very nice about providing us with a
relicensed copy.

-garrett