www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Move Category B, binary, labeled into resolved (was: Move Overview, Category X and ...)
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:02:44 GMT
On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 2:33 AM, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
> I've incorporated the below into resolved.html.
>
> I did some more editing on the discussion points, making sure Category
> B and System Requirements were not discussed. Keeping it simple etc.

Excellent!

Looking at the 3party draft again, I believe that the next low hanging
fruit is that we can move properly labeled binary artifacts licensed
under Category B into resolved.  By that I mean stating that artifacts
licensed under category B licenses which are distributed in binary
form and properly labeled are allowed.  If we can manage to say that
without saying that such artifacts when distributed in source form are
always disallowed and must be removed, then I think the point will
enjoy consensus.

Thoughts?

- Sam Ruby