www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Acceptable Notice Requirements
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:14:12 GMT
This topic has been extensively discussed on internal legal and
members mailing lists, I'm just posting it here so that everybody is
aware of the policy constraints under which we have evaluated
proposals from Sun for TCK licenses:

1) The ASF will not make statements regarding intellectual property
other than what we expressly know about, and that we disclose in
Notice files and our Apache License.

2) The ASF will not tell our licensees that they need to test their
product with any given TCK, even if weakly phrased as "it is strongly
recommended...."

3) The ASF will neither acknowledge nor speculate on the possible
consequences of any loss of certification that might arise as a result
of substantive modifications to ASF-licensed software.

- Sam Ruby