www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject OT? @author tags in Java source
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:20:16 GMT
What is the policy on using individual @author tags in Java source files?

Is there a standard policy, or is it up to PMCs?

I can't see the point of them myself, as the tags don't seem to be
kept uptodate, and anyway, if they were accurate, some files would
have rather a lot...
Furthermore, the ASF is about community, not individuals.

If individual credits are to be given, seems to me the place for these
is in the changes list and/or in the contributors section on the
website.

S///