www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3rd party policy
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 21:38:30 GMT
On 03/06/2008, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 2:20 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Can Creative Commons be added to the list?
>

> CC isn't a single license, but a collection of licenses.  So, you'd
>  need to be far more precise.  Some variants would be Category X, some
>  would be A.  -- justin

I did not realise that.

Let's start with

Creative Commons Attribution License
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5)

That reminds me - most of the licenses are identified only by their
acronyms. As the number of licenses increases, it becomes more likely
that these may be misread.

It's also not obvious how to find the licence text given only the acronym.