www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a note about indirect contributions
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:21:13 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
>> (to be perfectly clear, this is not the situation with Sourcesense and
>> Microsoft)
>
> Agreed.  This particular scenario does not seem to directly apply to
> Sourcesense and Microsoft.  Separately, Roy has posted on poi-dev
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-dev/200804.mbox/%3c5D4680C0-1DF8-436B-8BBC-44CF62EBFBF9@gbiv.com%3e

I don't see evidence in that message for the assertion that this does
not apply.  Roy states there that, "if SourceSense is indeed being
contracted by Microsoft for the purpose of contributing to POI, then
Microsoft is a Contributor and bound by the terms of our license".

So the bit of information I am missing is precisely what Microsoft has
contracted with Sourcesense.  The press seems to imply the contract
includes POI, doesn't it?

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/mar08/03-25SourcesensePR.mspx

What am I missing?

Doug